Imagine yourself exploring a pristine, UNESCO World Heritage site from Split: The Plitvice Lakes National Park. This park is home to 16 bewitching turquoise-colored lakes that cascade into one another through a series of waterfalls and cascades.
Our blog post offers you an in-depth look at the guided day tour from Split, revealing all the unsuspected delights that await there. Ready for a journey beyond belief? Keep reading!
Don’t miss this chance to explore one of Croatia’s most breathtaking national parks. Reserve your spot today and let the adventure begin!
- Plitvice Lakes National Park is a stunning UNESCO World Heritage site with 16 turquoise-colored lakes and cascading waterfalls.
- There are three transportation options to get to the park from Split: driving, taking a bus, or booking a guided day tour.
- The guided day tour includes seeing the lakes, hiking around the Upper Lakes, and enjoying a scenic boat cruise.
- The best time to visit is during spring or fall for better weather and fewer crowds.
Getting to Plitvice Lakes from Split
There are several transportation options for getting to Plitvice Lakes from Split, including car, bus, or a guided tour.
Best Tour from Split
The best Plitvice Lakes tour from Split is a true nature lover’s dream come true. This exceptional experience offers a thoughtfully curated itinerary, providing seamless transportation from Split to the Plitvice Lakes National Park. What sets it apart is the expertise of the guides who lead the tour, offering captivating insights into the park’s rich biodiversity and geological wonders.
A Plitvice Lakes tour from Split promises an enchanting itinerary filled with natural beauty and adventure. Typically, the day begins with a convenient pick-up in Split, followed by a scenic drive to the Plitvice Lakes National Park. Upon arrival, you’ll embark on a guided journey through this UNESCO World Heritage site, exploring the park’s cascading waterfalls, emerald-green lakes, and lush forests.
Options for transportation (car, bus, guided tour)
You have three ways to go from Split to Plitvice Lakes. First, you can drive a car. This takes about two and a half hours on highways E65 and E75. Second, you can ride a bus. This is great for people who want to save money. Last, you can book a guided day tour. This costs 70€ per person. The tour comes with many things. It lets you see the 16 turquoise-colored lakes of the park. Also, it includes a hike around the Upper Lakes and a boat cruise. You will learn about the rich history and natural features of the National Park on this tour too! Plus, you can book it online which is easy to do!
Duration of travel
The duration of travel from Split to Plitvice Lakes National Park depends on the mode of transportation you choose. If you decide to drive by car, it will take you around 2 and a half hours to reach the park.
The route includes highways E65 and E75, providing a smooth and scenic journey through inland Croatia’s beautiful hinterland.
Another option is taking a guided day tour from Split. This allows you to sit back and relax while enjoying the stunning views along the way. The tour includes transportation to and from the park, so you don’t have to worry about navigating or finding parking spots.
The entire trip usually lasts for a full day, giving you ample time to explore the park’s natural wonders and make lasting memories.
Exploring Plitvice Lakes National Park
Visitors can marvel at the UNESCO-listed natural wonders of Plitvice Lakes National Park by hiking around the Upper Lakes (Gornja Jezera) and enjoying a scenic boat cruise.
UNESCO-listed natural wonders
The Plitvice Lakes National Park is home to UNESCO-listed natural wonders that will leave you in awe. With its 16 turquoise-colored lakes, cascading waterfalls, and lush greenery, this park offers a breathtaking experience of nature’s beauty.
The pristine and untouched landscapes make it a truly magical place to visit. As part of the guided day tour from Split, you will have the opportunity to explore these natural wonders up close.
Whether it’s hiking around the Upper Lakes or taking a scenic boat cruise, you will be immersed in the stunning sights and sounds of this remarkable national park.
Hiking around the Upper Lakes (Gornja Jezera)
- Enjoy a scenic hike around the Upper Lakes (Gornja Jezera).
- Immerse yourself in the untouched nature and stunning beauty of the park.
- Follow well-marked trails that lead you through lush forests and alongside crystal-clear lakes.
- Marvel at the cascading waterfalls and vibrant flora and fauna along the way.
- Take in panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes from elevated viewpoints.
- Capture breathtaking photos of the turquoise – colored lakes and their reflections.
- Learn about the park’s rich history and unique geological features from your knowledgeable guide.
- Take breaks at scenic picnic spots to rest and soak up the peaceful atmosphere.
- Listen to the sounds of nature as you hike, including birds chirping and water flowing.
- Experience a true sense of tranquility as you explore this UNESCO World Heritage site.
Scenic boat cruise
During the guided day tour of Plitvice Lakes National Park from Split, one of the highlights is a scenic boat cruise. This boat ride takes you through the tranquil waters of the park’s turquoise-colored lakes, allowing you to admire the stunning natural beauty from a unique perspective.
As you glide along, surrounded by lush greenery and towering cliffs, you’ll have the opportunity to take in breathtaking views of cascading waterfalls and picturesque landscapes. The boat cruise provides a peaceful and relaxing experience, giving you a chance to fully immerse yourself in the pristine surroundings of this UNESCO-listed natural wonder.
(Please note that there may be specific guidelines or restrictions for boat cruises within the national park due to weather or other factors)
Tips for Visiting Plitvice Lakes
Plan your visit to Plitvice Lakes National Park during the shoulder seasons (spring or fall) for better weather and fewer crowds.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Plitvice Lakes National Park for its guided day tour from Split is during the spring or fall. During these seasons, the weather is pleasant and there are fewer tourists compared to the summer months.
This allows you to fully enjoy the natural beauty of the park without feeling crowded. The park is also stunning during winter, with frozen waterfalls creating a magical atmosphere.
However, it’s important to note that some parts of the park may be closed due to snow or ice. So, if you want to avoid large crowds and enjoy mild weather while exploring this UNESCO-listed wonderland, plan your trip in spring or fall.
Opening times and entrance fees
The Plitvice Lakes National Park has different opening times and entrance fees depending on the season. Here’s a detailed breakdown in a simple table:
|Season||Opening Times||Entrance Fees (adults)|
|January – March||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||55 HRK (~7€)|
|April – June||7:00 AM – 8:00 PM||150 HRK (~20€)|
|July – August||7:00 AM – 8:00 PM||250 HRK (~33€)|
|September – October||7:00 AM – 7:00 PM||150 HRK (~20€)|
|November – December||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM||55 HRK (~7€)|
The guided day tour from Split is priced separately and costs around 70€ per person. This includes transportation, a guide, and the boat cruise. The online booking process makes it easy for visitors to plan their trip in advance. The tour provides valuable insights into the rich history and incredible natural features of this UNESCO World Heritage site.
What to see and do in the park
- Explore the 16 turquoise-colored lakes, known for their beauty and crystal-clear waters.
- Take a hike around the Upper Lakes (Gornja Jezera) to witness stunning waterfalls and lush greenery.
- Enjoy a scenic boat cruise, gliding across the calm waters of the lakes and taking in the breathtaking views.
- Discover the Lower Lakes, another area of the park with its own unique charm and natural wonders.
- Marvel at the UNESCO – listed natural beauty of Plitvice Lakes National Park, with its waterfalls and pristine landscapes.
Don’t miss the chance to visit the breathtaking Plitvice Lakes National Park on a guided day tour from Split. This UNESCO World Heritage site is a nature lover’s paradise, with its stunning turquoise lakes and cascading waterfalls.
Explore the Upper Lakes on a scenic hike and take a boat cruise to immerse yourself in the park’s natural beauty. With convenient transportation options and budget-friendly prices, this tour is perfect for those looking to experience the best of Croatia’s inland treasures.
Book your tour online today and prepare for an unforgettable adventure!