With so many tour options available, choosing the best Plitvice Lakes tour from Split can be a bit overwhelming. Did you know that this UNESCO-listed National Park is home to sixteen breathtakingly beautiful lakes connected by 92 waterfalls? Our blog post aims to simplify your decision-making process by providing an in-depth analysis of various tours catering to different budgets and preferences.
Stay tuned for insider tips, essential information, and everything you need to plan an unforgettable excursion!
Don’t miss this chance to explore one of Croatia’s most breathtaking national parks. Reserve your spot today and let the adventure begin!
- The best Plitvice Lakes tour from Split is a full-day trip that costs 65€ per person and includes skip-the-line access to the Great Waterfall, boat rides, and train rides within the park.
- For budget-friendly options, there is a tour available at the same price of 65€ that also offers skip-the-line access and an expert local guide.
- If you prefer a more personalized experience, you can choose a private tour to explore the lakes at your own pace with a dedicated guide.
- The best time to visit Plitvice Lakes from Split is during spring or autumn for pleasant weather and fewer crowds.
- Essential items to pack include comfortable walking shoes, layers of clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a camera or smartphone.
- Important information includes transportation provided from Split, guided services throughout the tour, and restaurants and cafes available in the national park.
Types of Plitvice Lakes Tours from Split
There are three types of Plitvice Lakes tours from Split: the best tour experience, budget tours, and private tours.
Best tour experience
The best Plitvice Lakes tour from Split is a full-day trip. It costs 65€ and offers skip-the-line access to the massive Great Waterfall, Croatia’s largest. This falls is a wonder you must see! The tour includes rides on both a boat and train within the park.
Throughout your journey, an expert local guide shares facts about this stunning place. Official guides run the tours daily all year round. You get to enjoy sixteen lakes with 92 waterfalls that make this place so special.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for the Plitvice Lakes tour from Split, we’ve got you covered. This tour is perfect if you want to explore the stunning beauty of the national park without breaking the bank.
With a price of 65€, it offers great value for your money. The tour includes skip-the-line access to the largest waterfall in Croatia and provides an expert local guide who will enhance your experience by sharing interesting facts about the park.
You’ll also get to enjoy a boat and train ride within the national park, allowing you to see more of its natural wonders. Don’t miss out on this affordable opportunity to discover one of the most beautiful natural phenomena in the world at Plitvice Lakes!
If you’re looking for a more personalized and exclusive experience, the private tour is a great option. This tour allows you to explore the Plitvice Lakes at your own pace and according to your preferences.
You’ll have a dedicated guide who will take you on a customized journey through the park, ensuring that you see all the highlights and can ask any questions along the way. The private tour also offers skip-the-line access, so you won’t have to wait in long queues to enter the park.
It’s a perfect choice for those who want flexibility and privacy while enjoying the beauty of Plitvice Lakes National Park.
The itinerary includes leisurely walks on well-maintained wooden paths and bridges that allow you to get up close to the park’s stunning natural beauty. You’ll have ample time to capture breathtaking photos, take in the serene surroundings, and even enjoy a boat ride or electric train journey within the park.
A break for lunch at a local restaurant, where you can savor traditional Croatian cuisine, is often included. After a full day of adventure, the tour concludes with a comfortable return to Split, leaving you with lasting memories of this UNESCO-listed paradise.
How to Get to Plitvice Lakes from Split
There are several options for getting to Plitvice Lakes from Split, including by car, bus, or guided tour.
Getting to Plitvice Lakes from Split by car is a convenient option for those who prefer flexibility and independence. The drive takes around 2 hours and offers scenic views along the way.
You can follow the signs or use a GPS to navigate your route. Keep in mind that there is an entrance fee for the national park, which you will need to pay upon arrival. Parking spaces are available near the entrance, but they can fill up quickly during peak times.
It’s advisable to arrive early in the morning to avoid crowds and secure a parking spot. Don’t forget to bring your camera and comfortable walking shoes for exploring the beautiful trails and capturing stunning photos of cascading waterfalls and crystal-clear lakes.
If you prefer a more affordable option for getting to Plitvice Lakes from Split, you can take a bus. The bus ride takes about three hours and offers beautiful views of the Croatian countryside along the way.
Buses depart regularly from the main bus station in Split, making it convenient for travelers. Once you arrive at Plitvice Lakes, you can explore the national park at your own pace.
Just keep in mind that there might be some crowds during peak tourist season, so plan accordingly. Overall, taking a bus is a budget-friendly choice for those who want to visit the stunning Plitvice Lakes from Split without breaking the bank.
Guided tour options
If you’re looking for a guided tour of the Plitvice Lakes from Split, there are several options to choose from. One of the best tours is a full-day excursion that includes skip-the-line access and an expert local guide.
This tour allows you to explore all the highlights of the national park, including the iconic Great Waterfall. You’ll also have the opportunity to experience boat rides and train rides within the park, providing different perspectives of its natural beauty.
These tours are conducted by official guides and are available year-round, ensuring you have a memorable and informative visit to this UNESCO-listed site.
What to Expect on a Plitvice Lakes Tour from Split
During a Plitvice Lakes tour from Split, you can expect to be surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty, with highlights including stunning waterfalls, boat rides on crystal-clear lakes, and picturesque hiking trails.
You’ll have the opportunity to spot wildlife in their natural habitat and immerse yourself in the tranquility of this UNESCO-listed national park.
Highlights of the national park
The Plitvice Lakes National Park is a breathtaking natural wonder in Croatia. It consists of sixteen interconnected lakes and an incredible 92 waterfalls. When you visit this park, you can expect to be surrounded by stunning turquoise waters, lush green forests, and cascading falls at every turn.
One of the main highlights is the Great Waterfall, which stands as the largest waterfall in Croatia and offers a mesmerizing sight to behold. As you explore the park, you’ll have the opportunity to take boat rides across the lakes and hike along picturesque trails that showcase the park’s beauty from different angles.
Wildlife enthusiasts will also have a chance to spot various animals and birds in their natural habitats. The Plitvice Lakes National Park truly offers a unique blend of tranquility and awe-inspiring natural beauty that will leave visitors speechless.
Boat rides and hiking trails
During your Plitvice Lakes tour from Split, you can look forward to boat rides and hiking trails that showcase the natural beauty of the national park. These experiences allow you to immerse yourself in the stunning surroundings and get up close to the cascading waterfalls and crystal-clear lakes.
The boat rides provide a unique perspective as you glide across the turquoise waters, offering a different viewpoint of the park’s enchanting scenery. As for hiking, there are well-marked trails that take you through lush forests and alongside picturesque lakes, allowing you to discover hidden gems along the way.
Whether it’s exploring hidden coves or marveling at panoramic vistas, these boat rides and hiking trails offer unforgettable moments amidst nature’s wonders at Plitvice Lakes National Park.
Wildlife and natural beauty
The Plitvice Lakes tour from Split is not only about stunning waterfalls and crystal-clear lakes, but also about experiencing the incredible wildlife and natural beauty of the region.
As you explore the national park, keep an eye out for native species like deer, bears, wolves, and various bird species that call this area home. The lush vegetation and diverse ecosystems make it a haven for nature lovers.
From walking along wooden boardwalks surrounded by vibrant flora to witnessing the harmonious balance between animals and their surroundings, the tour offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the wonders of nature.
Tips for Booking a Plitvice Lakes Tour from Split
To ensure the best experience, it is recommended to book a Plitvice Lakes tour from Split during the shoulder seasons of spring or fall when there are fewer crowds and pleasant weather conditions.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit the Plitvice Lakes from Split is during the spring and autumn months, between April and October. During these times, the weather is pleasant and mild, making it ideal for exploring the national park.
The summer months can be crowded with tourists, so visiting in the shoulder seasons allows you to enjoy a more peaceful experience. Additionally, during springtime, you can witness vibrant blossoms and blooming flowers throughout the park, adding to its natural beauty.
In autumn, you will be able to admire the stunning fall foliage that blankets the landscape. Remember to check weather forecasts before your trip and pack accordingly to ensure a comfortable visit.
What to pack
When packing for a Plitvice Lakes tour from Split, there are a few essential items you should bring to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience. First, make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes or sneakers as you will be doing a lot of walking on varying terrains.
It’s also important to dress in layers, as the weather can change throughout the day. Bring a light jacket or sweater that you can easily remove if it gets warm. Don’t forget your sunscreen and sunglasses since you’ll be spending plenty of time outdoors surrounded by nature.
Lastly, don’t forget your camera or smartphone to capture all the breathtaking beauty of the lakes and waterfalls.
Important information and FAQs
- The Plitvice Lakes tour from Split is a full – day tour that allows you to explore the stunning natural beauty of the Plitvice Lakes National Park.
- The tour starts early in the morning, and transportation is provided from Split to the national park.
- The tour includes skip-the-line access, so you can avoid long queues and make the most of your time in the park.
- An expert local guide will accompany you throughout the tour, providing insightful information about the lakes, waterfalls, and wildlife.
- The price for the tour is 65€ per person, which includes transportation, entrance fees, and guided services.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes, as there will be some walking involved during the tour.
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen, a hat, and a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- There are restaurants and cafes within the national park where you can purchase food and drinks.
- Photography is allowed in most areas of the park, but drones are not permitted without prior permission.
- It’s important to follow all safety guidelines and instructions provided by your guide to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- The Plitvice Lakes National Park is a protected UNESCO World Heritage site, so it’s important to respect its natural environment and wildlife. Take care not to litter or disturb any plants or animals during your visit.
- The Plitvice Lakes tour from Split offers skip-the-line access at an affordable price of 65€ per person.
- Bring comfortable clothing, walking shoes, sunscreen, a hat, and a refillable water bottle for a pleasant experience throughout this full-day tour.
- An expert local guide will accompany you throughout the trip with insightful information about lakes’ formation processes , waterfalls , wild life etc
- Photography is allowed in most areas of the park but drones are strictly prohibited unless you’ve received prior permission from the park authorities.
- Respect the natural environment of Plitvice Lakes National Park, keeping it clean and respecting its wildlife.
The Plitvice Lakes tour from Split is the best way to explore this stunning national park. With skip-the-line access, boat rides, and knowledgeable guides, visitors can fully experience the beauty of the lakes and waterfalls.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to witness one of Croatia’s most breathtaking natural wonders.